The general objective of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine-Republic of Moldova 2007-2013 is to develop and realise cross-border cooperation projects in the specified programme area. In order to achieve its goals the programme is aiming at setting up a professional and effective Joint Technical Secretariat with educated and experienced international staff covering the programme area.
The Joint Technical Secretariat (JTS) is responsible for the day-to-day programme management, providing potential applicants with information and advice during the application process and accompanies the applicants until the projects are completed.
The JTS assists the Joint Monitoring Committee and the Joint Managing Authority in carrying out their respective duties.
The Joint Technical Secretariat (JTS) is set up by the Joint Managing Authority (Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration, Romania) after consultation with the National Authorities of the other two participating countries (Ministry of Economy of Ukraine and State Chancellery of Republic of Moldova).
The JTS will function in two locations within the Regional Office for Cross Border Cooperation Suceava for the Romanian-Ukrainian border and the Regional Office for Cross Border Cooperation Iasi for the Romanian-Moldovan border.
The duties of the JTS include activities related to general programme implementation, technical and administrative management, information and publicity.
More specifically, this includes the preparation of call for proposals; information and publicity activities; the organisation of technical meetings, workshops and info days with the potential applicants and beneficiaries; the participation in the projects selection process and contracting of the selected projects; monitoring progress during the projects implementation; contribution to the regular updating of the programme monitoring system; secretarial tasks in support of the Joint Monitoring Committee including preparation of documents, decisions, minutes and reports.
In order to have a broader view on the programme and the tasks of the JTS please check out the programming document on one of these websites: http://www.mdrap.ro , http://www.brctiasi.ro, http://www.ro-ua-md.net
IMPLEMENTING / MONITORING OFFICER
The Implementing/Monitoring Officerwill be responsible for the monitoring and controlling the implementation of the grant contracts assigned. He/She is also the contact to Lead partners for providing advice on content related issues.
- To provide assistance to Lead partners on administrative and financial issues concerning project implementation.
- To contribute to Lead partner seminars organized by the JTS, concerning administrative and financial management of the project.
- To collect and review progress reports submitted and to advise Lead partners if progress is not on schedule or activities change
- To undertake monitoring site-visits in order to check projects’ progress towards their objectives
- To prepare statistics and monitor figures at project level considering programme’s indicators
- To contribute to the drafting of the annual progress reports to be submitted to the Joint Managing Authority, Joint Monitoring Committee, and the European Commission.
- To prepare thematic reports on progress projects achieved
- To update with information the monitoring system of the programme
- University degree (European studies, regional development, political sciences, law, technical, economics, public administration, other)
- at least 1 year of experience in EU financed projects’/ programs’ management and implementation, preferably in cross border cooperation EU programs;
- fluent in spoken and written English and in one language spoken in JOP territory (Romania, Ukraine and Republic of Moldova)
- good understanding and knowledge of the programme area
- good knowledge of project management
- experience in and ambition to work in an international environment with different administrative traditions
- able to propose solutions for improving project management
- very good computer skills: MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint, Internet
- creative and problem-solving oriented, interested in new learning experiences
- communicative, open minded, and a good team worker
- well organized, able to self manage and prioritize his/her tasks.
- willingness to travel
► Availability for the job: 2 at JTS headquarters in Iasi
► Terms of employment
The position is based on a short term contract (untill December 31,2014) under the Romanian law.
► Application procedure
The deadline for submitting the application folder is March 28, 2014 at 14:00 hours (Romanian time).
Please declare on the envelope: Application for the JOP RO-UA-MD – Implementing/Monitoring Officer
Only those applications received by the closing date to this vacancy announcement will be eligible for consideration.